Every time this post comes around, I have to explain this.
Watch Dennou Coil, the most underrated anime pretty much ever.
- Yes, this is the standard of animation throughout the series.
- AND THIS IS A FILLER EPISODE.
- It’s basically about kids with what’s essentially Google Glass: The Game. The whole world is affected by this game. Traffic lights, school, anything.
- It’s good in the beginning and gets really, really good by the end.
- Shows the vulnerabilities of children.
- Well-written children in general. They fall under some tropes but they don’t suffer from the usual fallacies of writing children into series.
- And yeah, the filler episodes are really good. The whole series is worth watching.
Reblogging as a reminder to myself
wish this show was longer.
i need to watch this
Tea Party for a birthday girl - homemade chocolate mousse were served in the cups
Today on Linkara Monday we take a look at something old, something new, something borrowed (from MST3K) and something blue!
If Linkara surrounded himself with human helpers over the years, it all started long ago with his very first collaborator, the hand-made robotic chicken aptly named Pollo. Loyal, knowledgeable and wise-cracking, this Tom Servo-inspired piece of blue circuitry (and cardboard) has long earned his place as Linkara’s Second-in-Command, by managing computer and electronic devices around the apartment and eventually spaceship, but also by having saved Linkara’s life on certain occasions, including from an alternate-universe evil version of himself known as Mechakara.
His loyalty even reached its apogee when he actually gave his life to save everybody else in a ‘Wrath of Khan’s-style’ self-sacrifice scene where his old body got destroyed. Although the cardboard and duct tape didn’t survive the ordeal, he managed to upload his blue soul to the ship and thus Linkara was eventually able to revive him and build him not one but three new bodies to be used depending on the situation.
And so the little blue robot made of plastic and sarcasm could go on being Linkara’s technical specialist as well as BFF.
But his arms still don’t work.
The Linkara Collection gift box set was given to Linkara at Conbravo 2014.
Who’s Linkara? A chicken tender Master Chef.
Awesome as always! -Miss